Friday, November 30, 2012

Sleeping is overrated

I think I know why parents don't sleep much those first few weeks/months of their baby's life, it's because if we blink, they grow up. If we slept we would miss it all.

My little girl will be 12 weeks on Monday. Seriously?!

I'm already a horrible wife and mother these days and my dear husband has to pay the price. I have a to do list a mile long and I cant seem to get the baby on a set schedule so I never know when I can get things done. I'm so behind on laundry because I would rather cuddle little one. Cooking is a thing of the past because she loves to walk around and be held and staying up late watching tv and cuddling my husband has been replaced with begging to go to sleep as soon as the baby is down and compromising by falling asleep in his arms. I have a great husband who never gets upset when his clothes are still dirty, who does not mind eating fast food often and who's favorite thing in the world is if I fall asleep in his arms. I'm lucky that he loves me in spite of my imperfections, one day I get the hang of it all.

But she is only little once and I should enjoy it. I know my next child will not get the same luxuries Madison gets. By the time baby #2 comes along I will be chasing a toddler and not be able to sit still and just hold him/her. What a sad reality.

Such is the life of a parent I guess.



3 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

You just keep loving that baby and that husband of yours! That's what's most important! And don't worry, your husband will still love you even if 2 years go by and you still don't quite have the hang of it all! haha (I'm speaking from experience) It's hard to stay on top of everything at once! Cut yourself some slack! You're doing great! :)

Lindsay said...

12 weeks already??!! She is growing up too fast! Love her!

Shelley said...

Time seriously goes so fast- especially at that age because they grow so much!! Soak it up!!