Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oh poop

 Today Miss Madison had her first "blow out". I know, I know. I'm the gross mom who stopped mid chaos to get a picture of the event but you can never have enough blackmail pictures for when they are older. 
Mid lunch today we were about to take her out of the carseat and give her some cuddles when the smell hit us. I knew she needed a diaper change and as I went to reach for the buckle, it was wet. I gagged and raced to the car. Needless to say, she got a bath this afternoon. 

Ah the joys of parenting. And while we are on the subject of poop. Yesterday she had a dirty diaper and Zach being a very helpful Dad, decided to change it for me. He laid Madi on the bed and opened the mess. He started gag and say how gross it was. I just laughed and ignored him. He kept saying "I'm going to throw up, I'm going to throw up." I didn't believe him because he has changed several dirty diapers before and we always say how gross it is. Well suddenly I look up and the poor kid is running to the bathroom to actually throw up. Meanwhile, Madi is sitting on the bed and has now used our bed as a bathroom and Daddy forgot to put anything under her.. so Mommy got to clean up a messy baby, comfort a sick husband, do a load of laundry, and try not to laugh too hard at a husband who "tried to help". 

This story only makes me laugh more because Zach works in the ER. He sees and smells all sorts of horrible things all day long and the thing that throws him over the edge? Baby poop. Ha. 

So its official, we have now been introduced into the wonderful world of parenting. 

No comments: