Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strawberry Days Rodeo

We have a tradition with Zach's dad. Every year we go to the Strawberry Days Rodeo for his Father's Day present. We seriously have such a good time, just the three of us. Even though next year Baby Girl will have to tag along, this is still one of my favorite traditions. Usually we dress up but I am currently too big for my rodeo clothes (bump alert!) and Zach had just hurried and gotten off work and didn't have time to change. So Dad represented the entire crew this year. 
We may have had to sit there in 90 degree weather but at least we got cool hand stamps, right?
Their "half time show" as I like to call it, was a couple of motocross guys. 
They set up two ramps and did some amazing tricks. 
We love everything from the wild cow milking, to the slightly inappropriate rodeo clown but the thing we love most about the Strawberry Days rodeo is the STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM. YUM!
Its quite simple but still so delish. Sliced strawberries with heavy cream, sugar and a little vanilla extract. 

Happy Father's day Dad. 

And to my Daddy back home, I am so lucky to call you MY Dad. You have had a rough year but you have been strong and continue to be a great example to both Zach and me. We love you!

No comments: