Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adventure and Surprises


I took a vacation once again without my husband. I know what you're thinking... what an awful wife! But judge not, because he actually let me go. He is a very wonderful and understanding man.


On November 4th, I flew out all the way to Indiana to surprise this girl for her birthday!



Jena had no idea I was coming, thanks to sneaky work on the part of her husband and I. And though she will admit it was "just pregnancy hormones" she cried when she saw me standing there. Talk about melt my heart... so of course I cried too. Sheesh, such girls. We went out to dinner that night with her brother and his family then drove back to their house. I got to meet Hoosier, their beautiful husky and was finally reunited with my amazing friend. We stayed up till 3 in the morning just talking. It was fantastic! Saturday rolled around and we finally rolled out of bed. We went to Sam's Club and ate samples for lunch, this girl knows the way to my heart. Ran a few other errands, attempted to watch a movie and ended up just talking the whole time. Then drove down to Baby's R Us and did a little price matching. That's right, my childhood friend is half way done with her pregnancy! I still can't believe were "big kids" now. She is having a little girl due March 20.



It is beautiful there. It reminds me of Utah, but smaller. I loved everything about it.
This was Hoosier, and he was always hanging around hoping we would drop something to eat or stop and rub his tummy. We became good friends.




This was at dinner Saturday night. Jena will most likely hate this picture and demand that it be taken down right away, but no. I think its cute and you can finally see her little tummy. Her tummy is so small you can barely tell she is pregnant. It's adorable.


Sunday we went to church and came home and did what else but talk! We finally convinced ourselves to take a nap, and when we woke up, Ryan was making us dinner! What a nice guy! It was very yummy too, Zach will have to take notes. Then we took just about anything we could find in the fridge, and covered it with chocolate. Yum!


So the weekend was fantastic and I miss her already. Thank you Ryan for all your help and opening your home to me. You are wonderful! I can't wait for another girls weekend, or perhaps a trip down here with peanut this spring?

No comments: