Friday, December 4, 2009

Novem-burrrr..

Well the weather is getting colder as the holiday season begins. It has not "officially" snowed yet but I know the white stuff is soon to come. I have been slacking quite a big on the blog updates because of course, life got in the way. We are both working a lot now which is nice, but never had to much time to do the fun stuff. Here are some of the big things in our life that happened in November....



* We finished Christmas shopping... We are all done with the shopping and almost done with the wrapping. Its really nice to just be over and done with it so you can spend the month of December enjoying your time with family and not running around the malls like a crazy person.
*We bought a new car... That's right everyone. My "egg" is gone. We found a great deal on a Jeep Liberty Limited and with a few Stern words to a bratty car sales men, it was mine! We decided it was the safer way to go, considering that I had never driven in the snow before. Its a beautiful black gas guzzling machine. I'm sorry environment but my safety is just as important as your global warming. This isn't a very good picture but you get the idea.




* We were called to be on the activities committee.. with a party only a couple weeks away.
Brother and Sister Lyman are now an active part of the activities committee. I think as soon as we were called there was a meeting 3 days later. We are having our ward Christmas party on the 5 and we had tons to go over. I guess they liked us lots because they put me in charge of the decorations and Zach in charge of picking up the food. We're kind of a big deal. :)
* Had a few game nights with friends...I have made friends at work and we've decided to invite them over for "Lyman game nights". We have been working on our game closet waiting for this moment. I am now proud to say that we have officially cracked into every game in that closet and are really enjoying the time we spend with friends and each other.

* I got a promotion at work...After THREE weeks on the job! I got promoted to Front End Supervisor. I can't really explain all that we do without boring you, so in short, more money, more power! *evil laugh*

* We spent Thanksgiving with the Lyman family... Which was wonderful! We actually had thanksgiving for lunch because Lance and I had to work that evening. It was so nice being with our family and we always have a blast when we are with them. After lunch everyone got ready to go see the movie Planet 51. I went back home and grabbed another snack with my side of the family and then got ready for work. It was a zoo there! People were actually lined up outside the door waiting for us to open! How lame! ugh! Then I worked black Friday, the following day and then cyber Monday. Thank goodness that I am already finished shopping so it wasn't a huge deal.




And with the spirit of giving thanks in the air it would be wrong to close this entry without sharing all that we are thankful for...


Our health aside from the occasional sniffle. We have been so blessed to be happy and healthy this cold and flu season. We have so many friends and family members going through such tough times with their health currently. We continue to pray for them every night and know that they will be watched over through their trials.

Our families (of course) for the love and support they have given us as we start our new life together. They too have been a huge blessing in so many ways to us. We love and appreciate everything that they do for us. I am also thankful for my husband and the wonderful example he is to me.

Our Jobs. We were so lucky to get jobs right away once we got married. I know that was with a little divine intervention and I am so thankful for it! We both enjoy where we work and what we do.

We are thankful for the gospel and the direction it gives us in our lives. The safety net it provides and the comfort and warmth that surrounds us because we know the truthfulness of it.


I am thankful for the weather as of now. It looks like we will make it till December without any snow! The longer we can go without it the happier I will be.

No comments: