Thursday, December 10, 2009

Decem-burrrrr

It has now officially snowed! This week had been my first real attempt at driving in the snow and I'm alive to tell the tale. Our winter wonderland is beginning to take shape as we get ready for Christmas.
This is our fireplace. Though we would like to be using it for a nice toasty evening watching TV by the fire, we decided that this is the only place that the tree fits. Plus the fact that we hardly spend any time in that room these days. Our big screen blew a fuse or something and no longer works. So unless we save up a few hundred $$ to replace it we are stuck watching movies in our room. Which actually is nice to cuddle in blankets but on the same token. We can't have friends over for movie night any more. We will have to see what happens, maybe we can find out what wrong with it and it will be a cheap fix.
This is a picture of us enjoying our "pink pomegranate ". It was really yummy and we can't wait for next year to try and steal more from Grandma Lyman.
This, my dear friends, is the BEAUTIFUL gingerbread house I made under the direction of my Mom in law. She sacrificed her fingers (and her sanity) by letting all the girls come over and make a big mess putting these houses together. We love you very much Mom, I know we all had a blast! Can't wait to do it again next year..... :)


Lindsay and I showing off our cute houses.



Zach and I at the ward Christmas party. We had so much fun! We decorated the HUGE tree behind us and really enjoyed our evening.


Lastly, we got to meet Bucky Covington. Zach won backstage tickets to a country concert. We saw Bombshell, Bucky, and Phil Vasser. It was a great show! So much fun and energy. My poor Zach started feeling sick in the middle of the concert so he was quite most of the night but I'm sure he had a good time as well.

2 comments:

gtanderson1 said...

You are just living it up. I am glad to see you have stayed quite busy. Can you please come decorate my house and do gingerbread houses with Taylor. Thanks we will see you Saturday. j/k We miss you and love you

Jeff and Kira said...

Your fireplace is SO cute and that gingerbread house is Seriously IMPRESSIVE! I love the icicles!