Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Mini Honeymoon

I know the blog lately has been all over the place but I still want to share more pictures! After our wedding Saturday we stayed in a little hotel near my parents house. We woke up fairly early Sunday morning to run by the house and finishing packing and then get on the road for
Las Vegas.
We stayed at Treasure Island on the Vegas strip. I secretly upgraded the hotel room that Zach got for us to a nice suite. It was so beautiful! We had double doors, it was impressive so I had to take a picture with it.
Our amazing room! I wish you could see the bathrooms because there were TWO of them!
Yup, we were spoiled.

Check out that beautiful view from out room.
Getting ready for dinner at the Steak House in Treasure Island. It was the best steak I've ever had. It was also Zach's first time trying lobster and he loved it.

After dinner we went and watched the siren show at the hotel. It was actually a pretty risky show but had cannons and fireworks so it was fun to watch. I randomly found out that a girl I used to work with was one of the dancers. She worked with me in my first salon in CA so it was completely random seeing here there. Anyways, after the show we walked around the strip a bit and after realizing that we are poor and everything there costs tons of money we headed back to the hotel room because we still had to wake up early the next morning and go home. So we fell asleep and around midnight the cannon from the show went off and scared the crud out of us. The entire room lit up with a HUGE bang! Seriously, it was midnight!!!!!!!! Why is that show still running that late? Ugh. Oh well, I guess we can laugh at it now but at the time we were just scared.

These pictures could use an explanation. So I've never had "squeaky cheese" and Zach decide that once we got to Utah we needed to get some. After explaining to me that it was cheese curds and the squeak when you chew on them, I was oh so thrilled to try them, NOT! The word curd just makes my tummy do back flips.


None the less, I tried one. Yes, I can be quite the trooper. They actually weren't to bad. I wouldn't eat them on a daily basis or anything but if offered again, I might partake. haha

on a side note:
I was so dang tan picture! I miss you TAN Sara, I'll see you again this summer, hopefully.


At the end of a LONG road trip Zach and I finally arrived at our apartment! We decided to take a picture with the best part of our place, the sweet blue carpet that covers the entire thing. Now though the color may be a bit much I have to cut the carpet some slack because he is extremely plushy and warm and my frozen toes.



No comments: