Sunday, May 13, 2012

To the beautiful women in my life

I know I say this alot but I have been so blessed in my life. I have so many wonderful women influence my life! They are wonderful examples of the kind of women I want to be in my life.

My Grandmother is amazing. I have really grown to love and appreciate the wonderful quialities she possesses. My grandmother sees the beauty in everything. She appreciates a beautiful note in a song, or a flower just ready to bloom. I think, how often do I stop and think about the things around me? Not enough. 
Being a mother of eight, Grandma knows compassionate. She is BEYOND compassionate for everyone. She has adopted every neighborhood kid and they frequently visit the house for cookies and a tea party. Her door and pantry is always open. My grandmother has a strong testimony. She knows her beliefs and will tell anyone who will listen. We were privileged to share our first few year of marriage living with her and my Grandfather, and see their wonderful examples of a happy marriage.

My mom taught me about life. She taught me the value of a dollar. She put up with the crazy teen years. She indulges with me in the occasional spa night. She still lets me cuddle in her bed when I come to visit. She taught me discipline and how to clean the house. She pushed me to use my talents and to try my hardest in everything that I do. Though she may be the busiest women I know, she always made time for our family. She came to every baseball game (including being the coach) and choir concert without fail. She taught me that life isn't fair but that is ok. She taught me to not gossip and to try and find the best in every person and situation. My mother is always willing to listen to my problems and to help figure out a solution. She has kissed every ouchie better and nursed every cold. She really has taught me everything I know and she continues to teach me as I prepare to become a mother as well. 

My mother in law has now been in my life for almost four years. She is great. I have loved getting to know her over the years and learn all about her life as a mother of FIVE boys. She is a trooper to say the least.  She frequently reminds me that there is nothing better then sitting on the beach with a good book and your toes in the sand... unless you include a pack of Dr. Pepper and some red vines, then that is heaven. She is very creative and is always working on a project for church or sewing an outfit for herself or her grandkids. She is a thrift store master, this woman always seems to find a diamond in the rough.. and is always willing to share her amazing finds with me! She is always coming up with fun new things to do with her grandchildren and I think she really loves being a grandma. She has had almost seven years of experience to get the hang of it. My mother in law does a great job of including people and trying to never leave anyone out. We always have a good time when we are at their house. She has made me appreciate the little things in life. 

I truly love these women. 

I am excited to be a Mother because of them. Mothers hold such a dear place in our hearts that can never be replaced. They teach us how to grow. How to love. How to live.
Mothers are amazing.




No comments: