Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Boys are gross


Last week we I have been packing. Zach was busy studying for the MCAT and his finals. 
This week, I am still packing and Zach is out of town on a conference. Perfect timing all around.

There are piles of stuff in every room. Our house is a mess. Honestly, I will miss this place. There was plenty of space and everything is clean. The lights may not all work and it may have its fair share of problems but it was our home and it was nice. 
 Progress is being made slowly, eventually it will all be done and we will move.

He was home one afternoon and I put him to work for a few hours. I miss him, he is a huge help. Mostly because I am too weak and fat to carry the heavy stuff right now. So I pack boxes and leave them everywhere and he has to be the one to put the in the same room.  

Then yesterday we got the keys to our new place. We weren't able to move in yet because the place is dirty! (AND Zach isn't home and I'm not quite finished packing.) I went over yesterday and  the deep cleaning began. 6 hours and a couple friends later, we made a slight dent in the place. That black bucket of crud? Shampooing ONE small area on the carpet. Gross. That mattress? Found in one of the rooms. Barf. There was an inch of dust on EVERYTHING. BOYS. ARE.GROSS.

Dear Mothers, Raise your boys to be clean freaks. Teach them to freak out over dirt. Show them how to use a vacuum and wash a dish. They need these life skills, and their future wife will love them for it. Not to mention that you may reap the benefits until they move away.

The good part is that this have given me something to do and really helped with my "nesting urge". Sadly its for nothing baby related but I still have a while to go before I need to worry about that.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kira said...

DISGUSTING! But I'm very impressed with your hard work! Good luck getting the place ready to live in!