Saturday, May 19, 2012

I did it!

 I made my first thing for the baby today. I feel so accomplished. Now, don't look closely, I am not great at sewing. I always TRY to do it, and well I think I lose my patience so quickly and never can finish. But I finally did! 
 I fell in love with this fabric about a week ago and could not decide what to do with it. The colors don't quite show up but its more coral, seafoam and grey with a cream background. The whole thing is very simple, but for someone that does not sew it is still a challenge. The back is minky dots which I love so much and if it was not so expensive I would make all my blankets out of this stuff. There are two huge layers of batting in the middle because baby girl will be born in the end of fall early winter and I wanted to make sure she is toasty. This made the blanket a little bit more difficult to work with but I knew the end result would be worth it. 
 Finally finished, it only needed one more step. Since I have the dog about the size of a new born everything is "Puppy Tested, Mommy Approved". So here is Sophie testing out the swaddling capabilities of the blanket for her little sister. Its a little big but that makes it extra comfy! 
P.S. Have you ever met a dog that willingly laid on their back while their master swaddled them? 
Then STAYED there?
I seriously have the best dog in the world. 
 Silly girl cuddled right in and almost fell asleep. 
 She was a little upset when I unwrapped her and would NOT get off of the blanket. Guess she wants one of her own. 
So that being said, maybe I don't suck completely at this crafting thing and I will give it another go. The best part was feeling baby girl go CRAZY while making it and the smile on my face knowing its all worth it. 

Can't wait to meet her in a few months. 

No comments: