Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wanna know a secret?

Sometimes I wish I was Rachel Berry.



Yes, that's right, the Broadway wannabe character from Glee.






In the series she plays a very driven young woman with dreams of making it big on Broadway.

She works so hard on her talents.


That was my dream too, once upon a time.

And every once and a while the thought still runs through my mind,

a smile jumps on my face and butterflys do back flips in my tummy.


Wonder what life would be like if I never let go of that dream?

I could currently be living in a 800sq foot apartment

with Sophie (because ever actress needs a small dog)

Paying 4,000 a month in rent.

Walking every where I go.

Avoiding freaks on the Subway.

And learning how to properly hail a cab.

Starring in 14 shows a week on Broadway.

ok, maybe not starring but at least a back up singer.

My name in a Playbill. EEK!

Belting out ANYTHING and hearing the crowd cheer.

Never finding "real" love, and being content with my only love... the stage

Aiming for the stars and settle for nothing less.



But then I wake up from this "dream".

I roll over and see an amazing man next to me.

I get up and walk around my huge apartment

I do NOT pay 4,000 a month in rent.

I don't even make 4,000 a month!

I own a car.


I love my life, my family, my home, and even my dog.


But isn't it fun to dream?





No comments: