Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And another one bites the dust....

So today I made a shocking realization... I currently have 13 pregnant friends and 8 with a baby less than a month old. That means at one point in time, I had 21 friends pregnant.
That. Is. Crazy.
Apparently I did not get the memo. This strange phenomenon triggers something in the mind of women. Suddenly they feel inclined to share strange pictures of their bodies with the world, Cry whenever they want, crave silly foods and get a "right of passage" from every one in smacking distance if they do/ want something out of the norm.
Am I jealous? Only because these woman will soon enter the "all knowing" stage of motherhood. Which apparently in my child-less state have absolutely no way to comprehend or relate to. Barf.
It really is something that changes, once the child is born suddenly a great amount of knowledge floods your brain and NO ONE knows more than Mommy.
I have a mother, I know she knows everything, because she taught me everything she knows.
So yes I can relate.... kind of. End of story.
This however, is not to say that I will not be part of the annoying prego club. Heck, for all I know, I might be the President of the crazy, ahem, I mean Prego club. Flaunting pictures of my enlarged body part and updating the world every time I feel the baby move, but its my "right of passage" after all, right?
But all in due time, sir. *said in British accent*
For those 3 followers that actually read this blog: FYI we are no where near baby central in our house. We are enjoying our Newlywed-ish lives and do not crave the pitter patter of small feet running around the house. I do not wish to be a large and in charge pregnant woman. I do not dream about changing poopy diapers at 3 in the morning. I do not sleep in on Saturday morning and think to myself "this would be much better if I woke up to crying." I do not fear being too far from home in case we have a wardrobe malfunction, forget the diaper bag or another "baby" emergency.
But aside from all the down sides. One day, I will want to be a mom. One day, I will bless my parents with grandchildren, and when it happens they will be the cutest thing ever. One day, I will be completely bias of other children and none are as great as mine. One day, I will live for those little newborn smiles. One day, I will love when they call me "mom". One day, I will think that no one can change a diaper as good as I can. One day, I will LIVE for poopy diapers at 3 am and the cuddles that follow after.
Sadly, that day is NOT today.
I'll be sure to keep you posted when it is.




3 comments:

Rachel Hair said...

I sure hope you keep us posted! Cuz I sure am getting antsy even if you aren't. haha! Enjoy the married life as long as you like I say...Life really does change once kids are in the picture!

The Lymans said...

haha You're cute! Secretly deep down inside somewhere I think it would be fun to have a kid. Then I look at the checking account and the pile of bills and I snap back to reality. I'm glad I am waiting. :) You will be one of the first to know when it happens!

The Gottfredsons said...

Bahahaha THIS IS AWESOME!! Reminds me of our little talk. Just remember that you have one friend that is running away from the Prego Club with you! Someday I will let it catch me...