Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our newest addition...

You heard me right, We have a new addition to our family!
A seven year old Maltese named, Cozy! Isn't she a doll? Lets give a little background on her. Once upon a time she was part of my aunt Brenda's "collection" but an evil worker kidnapped Cozy and gave her away to a family that didn't love her. Brenda thought she was gone forever. One day after countless hours of crying (jk), She was found on the side of the road in Salem (45 mins away). Poop covered, lots of eye gunk, and nothing but a bag of bones. Heartbreaking but true. Not to worry though, this story has a happy ending. Someone found her and took her to the vet. They scanned the micro chip and returned her to my aunt. Cozy was happy to be clean and returned to the home she grew up in. Sadly, her some what crazy life changed her personality into a very scared dog. Afraid of being left, abused, unloved, and hungry. From the first moment I met her, I loved her. Cozy "adopted me" at Brenda's one day and would follow me around the house every time I went. Because she was dirty from the streets, she ended up contracting ringworm and no one would touch her because they didn't want to get sick. So our poor sad puppy was home, but still receiving no affection. Stuck in a cage and not being touched. I still loved her though and surprisingly never got ringworm. After Cozy healed and was allowed out of her cage, we realized that she didn't quite get along with the other dogs. She is a bit of an attention hog and enjoys being alone. She started causing problems with the other dogs and Brenda knew she just couldn't keep her. ... This is where we come in. Brenda called and asked if I would take Cozy in and we happily agreed. Its only been a week but we love her already.
She has had 2 litters in the past but is now fixed. She weighs 4 pounds and is the smallest dog I have ever owned. She is completely potty trained and we have had no problems with her. Like I said before. She came from an abusive home so we are working hard with her to show her that people still love her. She is especially scared of men, she will run away and hide at any quick movement. She is definitely a work in progress, but we are up for the challenge.
She LOVES her new momma! I know this picture isn't the most flattering of me, but it shows just how much she loves me. She goes crazy when I get home and follows me everywhere. She really is my "little" girl. And having a hair dresser for a mom has done a lot for her, yes, she has a pink tail. Bordem got the best of us and she was great the whole time.
And I mean, how cute is she? We have a routine set now and she very much LOVES being an only dog. She gets to cuddle on our bed at night and wakes up with me in the mornings to use the bathroom and get a drink of water. Once I leave for work, she climbs back into bed and cuddles Zach until its time for him to go. She is is so happy to see me when I get home, it makes my day.

I am so happy to have a dog again. I know most of you that know me, also know about Bentley. Though I do think about him often and yes, Cozy looks a lot like him. I know Ben is with a good family (I hope). One day, I will kidnap him and give Cozy a brother!


No comments: