Monday, January 31, 2011

Blessing

Today I am thankful. Thankful for the amazing friends we have.
Things got rough this week and a few bills magically appeared that we were not expecting. And this is embarrassing for anyone to admit but pride aside, we were completely broke. I am talking 3 dollars in the bank account and just praying to make it to payday Friday.
For whatever reason Friday arrived but my paycheck did not. I didn't know what I was going to do. So, gas light on, I started to drive to work and hope for the best. Fridays I usually stay half day because I always have enough hours. I was supposed to leave at noon that day but again, no paycheck, no gas, no way of getting home.
Honestly, I sat at my desk for a bit trying to figure out what to do. I had no money for gas and no gas to take me home. I could not stay until the paychecks arrived because they would not approve over time and who wants to stay late at work if you aren't getting paid for it? I spoke with the accountants and they said we may not get checks till Monday due to a clerical error. I was in what you call "a pickle".
A short while later, I looked out my window and saw something on my car. I walked outside to see what it was. An envelope. With 15 dollars inside. And a note that said "thought you might need this".
I broke down right there in the parking lot for the whole world to see, and cried. How could any one have possibly known what was going on with me that day? Who could it have been and how did they know that $15 was just enough to get me home? Then I realized, My Heavenly Father loves me and watches out for me. I am thankful for the many blessings he has given me. I am especially thankful for my wonderful friends who listen to the promptings of my Heavenly Father and are willing to do what they are asked to help a friend in need.
So thank you, thank you , thank you, a million times, thank you!
This may seem small and insignificant to you but it was a huge blessing to me. If you try to remember daily something small you are thankful for; you will be able to see so many blessings in your own life. What a peace and comfort that will be to truly know that your Heavenly Father loves you sooooo much.

1 comment:

Rachel Hair said...

That is amazing! I'm so happy that you are being watched out for. I wish you guys the best!