Saturday, July 4, 2009

Oh say can you see....

Happy 4th of July!!
Can I just start off by saying that I LOVE the 4th of July?! It is by far my favorite holiday. Not only because it is two days after my birthday but it is a day that gets to bring out the pyro in all of us. It was so much fun being able to spend the day with Zach. He drove with our friend Joey all the way from EFY in Santa Barbara. We spent the day with my family and had a little belated birthday celebration and a nice BBQ.

Later that evening we piled in our friend Alicia's parents car and headed to a "secret place" to light off the huge amount of illegal fireworks they had. It was so much fun! We started blowing stuff up around 10:30 at night and I'm suprised no neighboor call the cops on us because we were still lighting things off after 1 am!
The soon to be Lyman's and our baby firework! Ground blooms are my favorite! Zach and I have decided that this will become "our holiday" meaning that every year we will break the bank throwing an awesome BBQ and spending way to much on fireworks. Don't worry, you are all invited to the Lyman Pyro Festival. ( I'll think of a better name for it later)

Because I love these little guys so much, we made a pile of 30+ ground bloom fireworks...and lit them off with a rocket. It was the most amazing garden of "blooms" I have ever seen! So much fun!


It isn't 4th of July unless there are sparklers!
Alicia, one of my best friends!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

The 4th has always been my all time FAVORITE holiday! Love it!