Monday, December 29, 2008

Road Trip Log: Day 3 Rocks!! ... Literlly.

One thing I love about vacation is doing nothing! Waking up when we want and doing whatever we want. Monday morning we woke up and had breakfast together. Which I have to say is one of my favorite things. Sitting around the table with people, who by now have become some of my closest friend, just talking and enjoying each other company. We just hung out around the house for a while then decided that today needed to be a "day in Provo". The dealership was now open so we needed to find out what was wrong with the van. After a few hours the mechanic got back to us and simply said "It looks like a small grenade blew up in the engine, it will be $6,000 to repair." Being the millionaires that we are we gladly gave him the six grand and a nice tip of four grand for his hard work, making it a whopping $10,000 fix. Just kidding. We did as any responsible adult would do in such a predicament. We called Mommy and Daddy for help! Mark's Mom just about flipped her lid when we told her the news. Now I have to back up and say this... The happy chap went through a full inspection just before we started this trip. Costing the Chapman family nearly $1,000 to make sure it was in tip top shape and nothing would go wrong while we were on the trip. Now you can understand her frustration and I'm pretty sure she ripped the mechanic a new one back at home. Now we were officially stranded in Utah! Awesome! The gang went to Cafe Rio for lunch and it was delicious! We then used our gamer skills at the Nickle Nickle arcade for a couple hours. We added all of our tickets together making a rather large amount and getting silly little trinkets. Water ball yoyo's and mini fireworks among other things. It was then time for our next activity....

We had promised earlier in the day that we would go rock climbing that evening for Shana's cousins birthday. Her Aunt was paying so we couldn't resist. We went to a place called the Quarry in Provo and that's where he happened. His name is Zach and probably the most good looking rock climbing instructor you have ever seen. As he was teaching us how to tie a knot in our rope so we wouldn't fall to our most certain death; I couldn't help but gaze into his eyes and flirt uncontrollably with him. Instant sparks flew. Am I laying on the cheese too thick? Was it love at first sight? I don't know. What I do know is that Alex tied every single knot for me that night because I wasn't paying attention during instruction.

The boys not paying attention while they belay us.

The only picture of Zach from the entire night

Sit Check!

As my friend made fun of me for my little love affair with the instructor, Zach had plans of his own. He invited my friends and me to go climbing New years day before the gym opened. I agreed and my friends we all excited to climb again. This is where he was really smooth, he said I needed his number to call him if we decided to go on Thursday morning. So we exchanged numbers and then we headed towards home. I didn't know that Joey and Alicia were filming in the back of the gym. They had written my number on a piece of paper and told Blue that if he didn't ask for my number they were going to give it to him.

No comments: