Sunday, December 28, 2008

Road Trip Log: Day 2.. Sunday Fun day

Sunday morning we woke up and all gathered around the breakfast table. I was looking outside at this hill in Shana's backyard. It looked like the perfect spot to make a snow angel after church. After asking about, it somehow evolved into me going out in my Pj's to make a snow angel. Not being one to back down from peer pressure, I dragged Joey into it and out we ran into the snow. This is just the short video Alex took on his phone, the extended version is on Blue.




So after the angels we sat a played games for a little while. We all got showered and ready for church and then the girls decided to have a little photo shoot. Elise (Shana's younger sister) played hymns on the piano as we all stood around and sang. We had our own little choir practice, Megan Chaney would be so proud!
We drove to one of the singles wards in Alpine. Picture six young adults piled in a small car like clowns at the circus. Two in front and four in back. This is where my catch phrase for the week came from. For whatever reason I kept saying "I'm going to die" or some variation of that. First with all the car trouble on the way up and then being packed in like sardines into this tiny car with no seat belts (sorry Mom). I really felt like I was going to die. Since the Happy Chap was in the shop and all of Utah closes down on Sunday, we needed to wait until Monday to get the van check out. Until then we all had to cram in one this tiny car. Once we arrived to the singles ward, we walked in the chapel and doubled the congregation. After deliberating in the hall way, we decided to just go to Shana's family ward. As we were getting back into the car, we saw an old woman shoveling the ice from her driveway, now being the amazing gentlemen that my friends are, we stopped and offered to help, while the girls... yet again.. had another photo shoot. :) Once we got home from church we decided to throw on our snow clothes and have a little fun outside. Alex wanted to break in the new snowball thrower toy that Shana got him for Christmas. Alicia was running around taking pictures like the amazing photographer that she is. (You can give her credit for all the awesome photos on here) Shana and I ducked for safety and the boys had a blast throwing snowballs at each other.


As the sun started to set and our snowball fight started to die down, we had a new idea. Lets make snowmen! Not just any snowman though, THE BIGGEST ONE EVER! Which of course when you are a bunch of California kids that will always be the goal, show up all the silly Utah kids with our ability to build a much better snowman then any of them could. This is where you get to meet our friend Dino and Periodontist (sp?). We had to take pictures the next day because it was too dark by the time we finished. It was a very labor intensive activity. What originally started as the "biggest snowman ever" turned into a small dinosaurs and a huge T-Rex type creature out to eat him. After we finished our wonderful prehistoric creations the gang went inside as Alex and I stay out to create the ultimate luxury. A snow couch. That is right folks, an entire couch made of snow. For only 6 easy payments of $29.99 you too can enjoy this marvelous creation, built right in your own back yard*.

*Building said couch is subject to change due to weather and the availability of snow due to time of year.

I believe it was that very night that a tired Sara decided to be a bit of party pooper and go to bed early. On vacation, early meaning around midnight. As I was drifting off to never land my peaceful slumber was interrupted by screams. I thought perhaps a small deer was being murdered outside my window. Laying alone in the dark, every few minutes I would hear this noise. I decided it needed further investigation and climbed out of bed. I continued to listen as the sound drew me to the basement where all of my friends were. I opened the door, covering my eyes from the piercing lights; only to find my best friends screaming because they beat their high score on the penguin Wii game. The boys were to busy to notice because like a bunch of 5 year olds they were fixated on the large box of marbles and nerf guns. All this excitement woke me back up and had so much fun playing in the basement till the wee hours of the morning! Alicia had a near death experience that evening. She jammed her pinkie toe into the trampoline while running across the basement to jump on the couch with us. So sad and painful.


No comments: