Monday, March 17, 2014

I am not perfect

I am not perfect.  I make mistakes.
 I am human. 
I get hurt. I get upset. I have flaws. Sometimes I judge too quickly. Sometimes my feelings get hurt too easily. Sometimes I speak without thinking and hurt others.
 I am trying to be the best that I can and work on these flaws. 

The beauty of this life is that we are all here to learn and be tried. Every day we learn and grow to be better people. My daughter has brought out the good in me. I read quotes all the time that say "be the person you want your kids to remember you as" or "your kids grow up  to be versions of you, so be the best you can be"  Your children are the only ones that are almost constantly around you, even more then your spouse. They see your good moods, they see your bad. They remember when you say a word in anger or when you "don't have time" to play or answer a question. They also remember when you are kind. They remember when you help others. They remember the time you spend with them and the memories you make. 

That being said, I have decided that my theme for this year is to be better. This seems like such a broad theme but it is not as simple as it sounds. Being better takes a conscious effort. It is remembering in each moment to make the better choice. To recognize the flaws that I have, and to work on them. I can tell you that 3 months in to this theme and I have seen a change. If you want to be a happier person you have to try. I have found that serving others has made me the happiest. My problems seem so much smaller when I help someone. I have tried to think more before speaking. I am still a work in progress.  

I hope that people will have the same patience for me that I am learning to have for others. 

No comments: