Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quick update, pictures later.

One year older and wiser too! Happy birthday to you, my dear husband!I have to admit I am probably the WORST wife in the world. Zach’s birthday always seems to fall on an extremely busy day for us and he can never just sit back and get spoiled.

We were in California for his birthday last year but he had to share that day with our friends wedding! This year we were lucky enough to go back to California for his birthday weekend. Unfortunately he had to share his special day again, this year with my best friend and a 3 year old. Thankfully we celebrated a lot in Vegas last month so we still got to celebrate his birthday there.I am so lucky to have married a selfless man.

Zach, you truly are an amazing. I consider myself lucky every day to have someone like you in my life. I hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend and I’m excited to spoil you rotten next year!

We had lots of fun on our California trip, though it was short and a little rushed it was great to see my family again. Friday we went out to lunch with my little brother and then he treated us to a movie at his theater. That evening we got to play with the Websters. We went out to dinner with the grandparents and uncle Chris and family. After dinner we played with 9 labradoodle puppies, they were so sweet! Then we came home and watched a movie with my Mom, well Zach watched the movie, I fell asleep.

Saturday my mom and I woke up early to make a yummy breakfast for Zach. Then we went to the Irvine Spectrum and went shopping with the family. We played at D&B for a couple hours and stopped by the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a yummy cheesecake for Zach’s birthday. We rushed down to dinner at North woods Inn and enjoyed a huge yummy steak. My mouth is watering just talking about it.After dinner we went over to Teresa’s birthday party. I can’t believe how big she is getting!! I just love her to pieces and it was great to see her family again. I was a little worried she wouldn’t remember me but she did. I hear she’s a big singer these days, I wonder if I rubbed off on her. I think her parents should throw her on a plane and let her come visit me for a week. *hint hint*

Later that night we stopped by my best friends’ house. That’s right; Hermana Mayans has returned from Chile and is no longer a Hermana! I’m am so happy she is home and going to be living in Utah. We came home and enjoyed lots of cheesecake and celebrated Zach’s birthday!!!!

Sunday was her homecoming and after church we headed home to take a much needed nap. We woke up that evening and went out to dinner with my parents. Afterwards we just hung around the house and I helped wash and groom all the dogs. And then I remembered why I don’t want a puppy anymore.

Monday morning we went to breakfast with my good friend Stephanie. She is about 5 months pregnant right now and it has been so hard being away from her while she is having so much fun getting ready for her first child. After that we ran down to the beach and did NOTHING. Our friends the Mascio’s came along to play. After a couple hours at the beach we ran home to shower and get ready for the baseball game. Can I just say it isn’t summer until I’ve gone to the beach and a baseball game. So I guess summer just started on Monday. That night we went to yogurtland with my friend Rhett who came down from Sacramento to see us! Then we caught an early flight home on Tuesday. It was very quick but very enjoyable trip home. We wish we were coming back sooner.

But school has now started and I wont be seeing my husband for another 9 months or so. Crazy.

No comments: