Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here we go again....

Apparently "voice of the people" actually means "voice of one single judge"...
Today a California Judge overturned Prop 8. Judge Vaughn Walker says the ban on same-sex marriage violates constitutional rights to equal protection and due process. The decision is expected to reach the Supreme Court.


I have faith. I have faith that this will work out the way it is supposed to. I have faith that the church members will work a million times harder. I have faith that the "hate" will stop. I have faith that the Prophet will guide us in what to do.

It has been said so many times before that we can no longer "sit on the fence" with our choices. Now is the time to be 100% in the gospel. Though I do respect individuals lifestyle choices, I do not respect the hate. Why can people stand outside new temples with their posters, screaming hurtful and false things but we cannot take a stand for what we believe in? Why are LDS members picked on so much about this but other churches are left behind? I can promise you that SEVERAL other religions believe the same thing we do. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Plain and simple. God intended it that way, and we do too.

I am not a political person by any means but I know what I believe and I will fight to the end to defend that right.

Here is a video for the church the first time this all started.

You may recognize the girl stuttering in the end. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Hair said...

Wow! You did awesome. Professional public speaker and all...You really fooled us when you say you can't speak in church... :)

The Lymans said...

Just so we are clear... talking in church is so much harder then talking to a camera on the beach with three people around you!
Zach is the one that is good at public speaking, not me. :)

gtanderson1 said...

you did so good I had no idea that you did that.