Tuesday, February 26, 2013

California

Madison and I ditched the cold and hopped a plane to California to spend some time with my family. She did so well on the plane, I am so impressed with my little girl. She is the most social little kid I have ever met. Every one on the plane talked to her and just loved all the smiles and coo's she was giving them. Not a single cry the entire time. I was lucky... this time. We were originally planning on going to spend spring break there, but my Mom had surgery and we decided to come down early to take care of her. Also, my Grandma Murray was in town and it was a chance for her to meet Madison. Zach will meet up with us in a couple weeks when he is on spring break and then we can party!

We are working on sleeping through the night right now. Yes, my almost 6 month old still wakes up 3-4 times at night to eat. This. Needs. To. Stop.  She still sleeps in our room so I know that contributes to her not sleeping so well but really that's our only option right now. So we are letting her cry it out a little longer and just comforting her when she wakes up at night. I think it will talk more long nights of trying but I'm praying it really works. I feel like I have tried everything.

On the plus side, we have moved to TWO solid food feedings during the say time.. just to see if shes waking up because shes starving. This kid loves food. Sadly, there were no goofy faces when she tried green beans or anything else. She just wanted food and she wanted it now. She is getting so big! Still no teeth yet but will chew on anything. Her hair is finally starting to grow back and its super light blonde (who is this kid?). Her newest talent is blowing raspberries. Its adorable, but slightly annoying when she tries to practice them while eating. Gotta start wearing a raincoat to meals.

I love her more every day. Sometimes its rough to be a Mom, but I don't think I would trade it for anything.

No comments: