Saturday, September 10, 2011

Today I met you..

Today I met someone that truly inspires me. Her name is Stephanie Neilson, she is sort of a mini celebrity around these parts. She has four adorable children, a very loving husband and lives here in Provo. Why does she inspire me? Several years ago she was caught in a near fatal plane crash that burned 80% of her body. She was in a coma for several months after the crash until her body was healed enough to be woken up. Her husband was also in the crash and was burned as well, but when the plane hit something inside told him "get out now, you're wife will be ok, but you will DIE if you don't leave now" With that scary thought he jumped from the flames and rolled away to safety. Stephanie did escape as well.

Fast forward to now: Stephanie writes a very sweet blog. ( http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com ) I am addicted to reading her posts. Her love of life and the gospel are so inspiring to me and make me want to be a better person. To see someone overcome such trial with a smile on their face, is amazing. To make things even better... she is expecting her 5th baby! What an amazing blessing for their family. She truly is the person I want to be.

All of that being said, I ran into her today. Now I try to pretend to be pretty "cool" when meeting famous people, but lets be honest I always end up being completely star struck and speechless when I see them. So in walked Stephanie and my heart started racing. I knew I had to go up and talk to her and tell her how much she meant to me. So I did. And the words came out " I just wanted to tell you I love you" What?! Oh wow, embarrassing. But this sweet woman told me I was sweet, gave me a hug and chatted with me for a few minutes as her kids ran around.

Wow! My heart is full. I am grateful for the wonderful examples in my life, my friends, family, and those I only stalk on the Internet, for showing me how to be amazing. I am grateful for the gospel in my life and the knowledge that we can all be perfect again, emotionally, spiritually and physically. Our trials may seem hard at the time, but remember God only gives you what you can handle. You will make it through anything with His help.

No comments: