Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lyman Family Fiesta Tradition

The Sunday before Christmas we celebrate the annual Lyman Family Fiesta. It is one of my favorite celebrations. As Zach would tell you, "its a whole bunch of white people cooking Mexican food." I tell ya, I joined one AWESOME family. I don't know how it started or why exactly its Mexican food but its wonderful! The whole family comes together, we stuff our faces with Mexican food, act out the Christmas story and just enjoy being together.
This year we spiced things up with a pinata!

Our nephew Max taking a turn! This was so fun to watch, three grown men holding a 2x4 and praying that no one breaks anything.
We opened a few presents early this year because Zach and I were going to California. We gave Lance mustaches to replace the one he had to shave when he was called as a temple worker. We all wore then and even little Maizy joined the fun and let us put one on her.


Then we dressed up and Lance read the Christmas story from the scriptures. I was a Shepard, Lindsay the star, Finleigh was Mary, Max was a king, Jono was the donkey, Zach I believe another king?, Maizy played the role of baby Jesus and Nate?.. well we don't really know. He showed up with a gun and we just let him in the picture.


Now this was the highlight of the night. After trading a few gifts, Mom and Jono gave Nate his gift. Believe it or not... it was a lime green spandex suite. He came out of the bathroom and I laughed so hard I almost forgot to take pictures. The look on Lindsay's face says it all. Let's just say, you could see EVERYTHING in that outfit and I saw sides of my brother I never wanted to see. But BOY was it funny!!!


Zach and I all dressed up before the Christmas story. We have so much fun getting the kids dressed and acting out the story.



And with lots of laughs and a tummy full of good food, we ended our evening. It was so much fun and I can't wait till next year.
------------------------------------------

On a side note, I took this darling picture of Kyra helping Grandma decorate her tree.


No comments: